Dear New and Returning Students, Parents, Teachers, Staff, Benefactors, Volunteers and Supporters,
We hope all of you have had a wonderful summer break!
We are approaching the first day of school year 2014-2015 – September 6, 2014. In order to welcome all new and returning students, RCS will hold Class Registration and Summer Picnic activity.
When: 11 am to 4 pm, Saturday, Aug 23, 2014
Where: East Shelter at Silver Lake Park (East Silver Lake Drive NE Rochester, MN, see the map by the link: http://www.rochestermn.gov/departments/park/shelters/pdf/Silver_East.pdf )
Who: All new and returning students, parents, school staff, volunteers, supporters and their family members are cordially invited to this event.
Food: Delicious Chinese food, fruit and drinks will be provided.
2014 Fall Registration Form. To avoid long line waiting at registration during the picnic, you are encouraged to print and fill out the form in advance and bring the form with your payment to the registration desk in the picnic. The late fee of $10 will be charged if the payment is made after registration (after 9/6/2014).
In order to better prepare the event, we want to know how many people to attend. Please fill out the form by the link by next Thursday, 8/21: http://doodle.com/7unhzhirvc8hrti9#table
The School will open NEW classes below:
- New Pre-school class (class ID 36) for 3-5 years old children, textbook You Er Han Yu (幼儿汉语 Chinese for infants), 1-2 pm on Saturdays, teacher Ms. Jie LIU.
- New Pin Yin class for 6 years old and above (ID 37, textbook Pin Yin), 1-2:30 pm on Saturdays, teacher Ms. Fang JIN.
- New Ma LiPing class for 6 years old and above (ID 38, textbook Ma LiPing 1 ), 1-2:30 pm on Saturdays. Teacher Ms. Zhongbo JIN.
- New Adult Chinese (beginner) class (ID 10), 5:30 – 7:00 pm on Wednesday at Mayo campus, teacher Mr. Wenzhi ZHAN.
- New Gong Fu (martial art) class (ID 20) for 5 years old and above, 10-11 am Saturdays, teacher Mr. Alexander DO. Please watch Mr. Do’s demonstration at the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw3gbjr0CZc
A new class will be cancelled if the enrollment is less than 4.
For students who are not able to attend the picnic on 08/23, please arrive at school one hour early (12 pm) on 09/06/2014 to register and buy or pick up your textbook or materials if needed in room ST206. The classes will start at 1pm as usual.
Lastly, please join us to thank departing teachers – Ms. Jingjing HAN and Ms. Li MA, and Mr. Qian HUANG for their dedicated service to RCS for years!
Also please join us in welcoming our new teachers Ms. Jie LIU and Ms. Fang JIN, Mr. Alexander DO, and Mr. Thomas YUNG to serve RCS!
Thank you and hope to see you all at the registration and picnic on next Saturday!
on behalf of Board of Rochester Chinese School (Ping YANG, Bingkun CHEN, Haidong DONG, Xinming SHEN, Du zhi YAO, Xiaomin WANG, Wenzhi ZHAN, Zhen REN)